PP Office(Antechamber) - Civil Discussion Here

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Thoughtless

Re: PP Office(Antechamber) - Civil Discussion Here

Post by Thoughtless »

It's far from a no win scenario and you know it. I can't believe you can't see the difference.

Aishe didn't post any audits for a month.

I posted every audit within 7 days of the week ending.

The week ending on May 5th, I posted on May 6th (1 day)
The week ending on May 12th, I posted on May 14th (2 days)
The week ending on May 19th, I posted on May 21st (2 days)
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

I do believe I see what Marid's going at.

Thoughtless, you said Audit was to be posted every seven days. Marid asked you to double check, you said yes.

By your own words, you said that the Audits were meant to be posted every... Say - Monday. A day late, Tuesday, would be breaking the laws. You should have instead said that you need to post it within, say, the first half of the week. Not every seven days. The 6th is a Sunday. The 14th and the 21st are Monday's. Today, the 29th, is a Tuesday. Therefore, by your statement, he has the right to charge you.

I believe you may have meant that the Audits are only available for seven days, so you obviously have to post it within the week before it's replaced by the next Audit. But that's not how it came across.

This is partly what I mean by flaws. Our Town laws need reworked to include things like this, so when THIS happens, there's no confusion. It's black and white, plain and simple.

- Aishe -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson agress with the Lady. This is why I do not like it, The wording is weirded and can be taken both ways.
balerion

Post by balerion »

The mayor in office must post the towne audit for the prior week on a weekly basis.
A weekly basis DOES mean every 7 days. This does not state within 7 days of the week ending, but on a weekly basis. The court case is perfectly legitimate.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Laws from 1110.30 - 1205.15 (Added to prevous Law)

Treason is treason and anyone committing such in any province of Bravia will be held accountable.

A Mayor shall serve no more than four consecutive terms.

Any person running for mayor of Bravia Towne must reside in Bravia Towne.

The mayor in office must post the towne audit for the prior week on a weekly basis.

Lets see now this says that the prior weeks audit has to be posted weekly, that means the next week it needs to be posted, not same day every 7 days. I read this to mean that the next week i need to post the audit from the week before. So as long as he posted the audit from the week before on the proper week then all is good.

This does create one item that makes court cases different reasonabe doubt. I read it one way you read it another way so which is right?
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

The "exactly every seven days" came from Thoughtless himself, when he was discussing my case with Marid in the PP Office.

- Aishe -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

Aishe, you are incorrect. I didn't say exactly 7 days.

This is what I said:
The Weekly Audit is only available for 7 days after the close of the business week. After that time it is lost. That is why I feel it must be done within 7 days.
Even Marid said on May 28th:
i thought to myself "he is as guilty as she is if this weekly basis is with in 7 days.
Marid filed the case knowing that the law said within 7 days based upon his own words.

A weekly basis does NOT mean every 7 days. Weekly means once a week. It doesn't specify a day. If we try to read into a law, we can create doubt in almost anything. I've seen people do that in the most concrete of law.