PP Office(Antechamber) - Civil Discussion Here

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
thistletumbler

Re: PP Office - Report a Crime Here

Post by thistletumbler »

shut your face. as far as im aware its IMPOSSIBLE to steal from a temple.
Aishe

Re: PP Office(Antechamber) - Civil Discussion Here

Post by Aishe »

*sighs*

Thoughtless, you misunderstand. I'm not defending him, I'm just seeing both "sides". If he were telling you to bug off, I would be doing the same for you. I will openly admit Balerion has helped me a decent amount throughout my terms. But I will also openly say that I am very disappointed with the way he's ran things as Viceroy this term. It's like how you were helpful to have on our Town Council, but I'm sad to see that Bravia City has fallen back to the state it was given to me.

However, I'm done arguing with you. You filled the charges, now we just have to wait for the PP to decide whether the case is worth a trial or not. Please know that I hold no grudges towards you for filling the charges against me.

- Aishe -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

With all do respect this should not be here or being looked at as breaking the law. It is after the fact and should have been brought up during her reign. Not after the fact. If that were true then we could go back and start finding all the different things that any mayor or vr did and try charging them with broken laws. I think this should be just be let go and realise that people have bad days and miss things. Thats just my two cents in this.
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

With all due respect, the only time one can try for breaking the law is after it's been done. While it is true that it was brought up after her time as mayor, the last audit she should have done during her term was not done either. Reign seems like a bad choice of words for a Republic. We aren't talking one bad day. We are talking 4 different audits which could have been done up to 6 days after it was finalized.

What's the point of having the law if we don't enforce it? We might as well throw it out. This could be a great time to show that Bravia persues justice. I'm not asking for her to be beheaded or anything like that. The punishment could simply be to organize the logs into a neat audit and maybe like a day of "mine" duty. It would be fair to her for her mistake and also still show that in Bravia no one is above the law.

I don't see why it should be anything that is shocking that a mayor of a town upon finding out of violation of the previous mayor reports it. I assume no one else noticed it. I only noticed it when I was reviewing the laws. Which prompted me to rewrite them with the help of the town council.

I could drop this, but if I do, we send a strong message to every person who has thought of committing a crime that we don't enforce our own laws. A clever criminal could use that to their advantage. Is that what we want?
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

All I'm going to say is that I do apologize. Particularly for the fact I could not organize things for the next Mayor like I wanted to (which would have included a Town Audit, among a Treasury Count, ect.) due to some time-consuming problems at my home with my daughter, Aileigh.

[OOC: For almost the entire last week of my term, my internet went out. The router got fried during a bad storm and we weren't sure of the damage. When we actually found out the router couldn't be salvaged, we had to order a new one, which took a whilst.]

- Aishe -
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

I understand your situation and respect that you apologize. I know being mayor can be tough and add on the responsibility of children, I can only imagine! This term hasn't been rainbows and butterflies for myself either. You are one of the few people that I have seen active in our town council and I appreciate that a lot. This isn't anything personal and I hope that you understand that.

I've requested that the PP if they file it request a light sentence. I'm personally hoping something like you have to organize it or something like that with maybe a day of mine work. Something that benefits us all while reminding us all that we have to obey the law whether or not things get piled on.

Your last month was probably very rough on you. After most of this term has been done for me now, I understand some of what is probably your frustration. I hope that you will not hold a grudge against me for requesting something be filed against you. I came here for an opportunity to interact with people outside of the circles I saw in a Monarchy.
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Why were there charges brought up on the current mayor of Bravia for fraud and the same case against Aishe filed and used in the mayors supposed non action. the mayor posted on the 5th, 6th, and 14th and it hits all the correct days that it should.

Please explain?
marid

Post by marid »

simple, 6 + 7 = 13. the current mayor did not file a report with in the 7 day time limit that he himself explained that needed to be filed with in. I asked him should it be filed with in 7 days, he said yes. he did not say 7 days and one days grace period. in his own words in this very post he states that:
I could drop this, but if I do, we send a strong message to every person who has thought of committing a crime that we don't enforce our own laws. A clever criminal could use that to their advantage. Is that what we want?
what would you do?
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

If you look at it he posted for the week of the 5th on the 6th. Then post on the 14th for the 13th? It was posted the following week, just like it is supposed to be, unless my calender reading has gotten messed up. Which is possible. I did not like Aishe being tried for this and I do not like thoughtless being tried for it as well. It is not a good law! But that is not for this case, i stray. My 2 cents Mr. Prosecutor. Grayson nods his head in respect to the Djinn.
marid

Post by marid »

i agree grayson, i don't like it either. but now if i prosecute aishe and not thoughtless, what will the other side say. i play favoritism to thoughtless. if i don't prosecute aishe then thoughtless comes at me. it is a no win situation, that i did not even create. as for his prosecution and the dates and time the are time stamped. what more can i say?