PP Office - Report a Crime Here

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Grayson

Re: PP Office - Report a Crime Here

Post by Grayson »

I will ask nice this time, gah, if i am correct please rewrite the law. oh and just slap who ever wrote that law for me.

Grayson looks at Madrid! Then points atthe dragon.... He did it!
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

The law doesn't say he must post it every 7 days. It says weekly. Weekly literally means once a week, but doesn't specify a day. If it did, it would say every Sunday or insert day. If you don't believe me, look up what the word weekly means.

As much as I don't like some of the way Balerion has written laws, this is not one of the examples of a mistake. The law could be changed to within 7 days of the audit closing and still give the same meaning, but if that will help those who do not understand that weekly doesn't mean every Sunday, that would be good.
marid

Post by marid »

week (wk)
n.
a. A period of seven days: a week of rain.
b. Abbr. wk. A seven-day calendar period, especially one starting with Sunday and continuing through Saturday: this week.

weekly [ˈwiːklɪ]
adj
1. happening or taking place once a week or every week
2. determined or calculated by the week
adv
once a week or every week.

yes once a week. a week being a 7 day period. it says it must be done weekly or must be done once a week or with in a 7 days period. you posted on the 8th day. it gives you time frame in which to post, it does not matter that the information was recorded, it says that information has to be posted with in a 7 days period. 6th - the 14th is a 8 day period. do not confuse having the weekly information with the time in which you have to post.

happening or taking place once a week or with in a period of 7 days.
and yes you are correct in saying there is no specified day for the report to be done. that is the problem with the law. if you are going to specify a report needs to be done weekly then you have two choices. you can say it needs to be reported with in 7 days of the last post or you can says the report needs to be done every 7 days, on a certain day. you are in violation of the law.

now if you wish to say the weekly report needs to be recorded by the close the close of business on the following week. that just tells you, you need to record the weekly information for every week and does not have to be posted by a certain time, thus giving you 13 days to post the information or prior to the close of business.

if you just say it needs to be done weekly, then yes you have to specify a day that it needs to be done with in a 7 day period or 7 days from the last post. and that is what it says, so yes you are in violation of the law, once again, but your defense will be that you were not give a specific date in which to post this. that is the best defense you can give. but does it have to be done with in 7 days of the last post is the question.

but we can all put this behind us if we can agree to fix this law. i will be more than happy to work with you on this if you can agree to fix that. such as i will forget prosecution and you get the law changed. as i said there are too many poorly written laws in this land.

now as for taking my time to make sure i am in the right to prosecute i hope now you can see why i do that. i wish to clarify the law that i am prosecuting before i do something wrong.

a good example:
(in rl i get paid by-weekly on fridays. i have gotten paid weekly on mondays at a job i used to work, and those on governmental assistance get paid monthly usually on the first of every month.)
balerion

Post by balerion »

marid wrote:as for the trial vs. bale. yes i very well intend to see justice done for the people of Bravia. I am going to file that quickly. He broke the law. He will pay.
As this was not done as promised Marid is no longer the PP.
You have assigned Victorious as Public Prosecutor
I apoligize to all for the delay. Please forgive me. This will now be addressed without ANY further delay.

***This would have been addressed sooner but for my travel to South Africa.***
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
marid

Post by marid »

(my apologies to those in this game, a family emergency has happened. thus causing my absence. i don't think i will be playing this game as much as i intended if at all. i would like to apologize to all for this. i may be in and out if i find the time to be here. on that, i say nice to have mt most of you and sorry if i have ruined anything. my many thanks, scott.)
Logo

Post by Logo »

//Take care of your family and come back when you can.
Secfenia's a better place with Marid in it.
Good thoughts and best wishes. :) //
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

[What Logo said! I hope all goes well. Everything happens for a reason. Stay safe, hun.]
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[ Art | Historian ]
Thoughtless

Post by Thoughtless »

marid, you simply aren't getting it. I never once posted on the 8th day. Most of the time I posted on the 1st day it was available. There's no need to say it needs to be done on a particular day or that it has to be done within 7 days, because then it wouldn't be posted on a weekly basis.

You need to realize that May 6th was on a Sunday for the week that just ended on May 5th. It could have be done anytime between May 6th and May 12th and still been part of that week.

May 14th was on a Monday for the week that ended on the 12th. It could have been done anytime between May 13th and May 19th and still been part of that week.

So, every single week that I was in office and the Audits were complete, I posted. Can you show me a week in which ZERO audits where posted? I can go back through the weeks for you and show you otherwise.

(ooc: Your example that you gave explains my point exactly. If you are paid weekly, you are getting paid for the work you have completed the previous week. Your pay may be given to you on Friday's, but there are weeks in which you may be paid on a Thursday (because of a holiday on Friday). This doesn't change the fact that you were paid weekly!)
Victorious

Post by Victorious »

Victorious walks in her office and makes the following statement and posts it on her door.
(Case #108) Viceroyalty of Bravia Vs balerion - Filed under Treason
(Last Updated: Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm, Status/Ruling: Filed)
Protector of the Te'sorthene Roma|Married to Katara Dalakoi|
Idra

Post by Idra »

I would like to bring Amladris up on charges on treason. In the tavern, Amladris not only threatened myself, the Viceroy of Bravia, but publicly declared war on me.
I. Treason - Treason against the Viceroy of Bravia is illegal. Treason is a serious crime that is defined as any offence against the security of the Viceroy. Examples of treasonous actions include (but are not limited to):

a. Levying a war within the Viceroy without authorization
b. Leading a foreign army onto Bravian soil without express authorization from the Viceregal Council.
c. Raising an unauthorized army on Bravian soil
d. Assisting an enemy of Bravia
e. Attempting to invade the Viceroy or modify the borders.
f. Betraying the confidence of the Viceroy or the Viceregal Council by sharing the contents of the private Council forums with anyone not on the council
g. Engaging in behavior that would compromise the security of Bravia
Witnesses to this account are: Aingeal, Dwayberry, Rieron and Thorn.

In addition, the former general Amladris also comprised the security of Bravia by allowing Fenian creatures, specifically the Fenian General to have access to the private army chambers. Please see the current general, Aingeal for further information regarding this.