PP Office - Report a Crime Here

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
TheGardener

PP Office - Report a Crime Here

Post by TheGardener »

Feel free to report a violation of Bravia law here.
Joao

Safety of Bravia

Post by Joao »

The council knows about the actions of Xavier, and we are taking actions to right this and keep the town safe and solvent. He has already attempted to flee, but he can not escape Justice.

João Borda d'água
Viceroy of Bravia
Xavier

Re: PP Office - Report a Crime Here

Post by Xavier »

Xavier takes the stand.

I have committed no crime that has been voted in effect, avaliable to the public, at this time. I am not sorry if you do this out of spite but I have committed no "crime" as defined in the Legal Corpus of Bravia.
5. Criminal Law

1. Revolt
* Sanctioned
If a Mayor resigns or the town hall is taken by unsanctioned revolt then the council can sanction a legal revolt to regain control of the affected Town Hall. The poll should take no longer than 24 hours and can be applied retro-actively if necessary.
* Unsanctioned
This is defined as any revolt against the Town Hall or the Castle that has not been approved by the Viceregal council. Participation in a non-Viceregal Council sanctioned Town Hall Revolt is considered an act of treason against the Viceroyalty of Bravia and the officials elected to serve therein.
2. Robbery
* Viceregal Robbery
Robbery of Bravia inhabitants or safe conduct visitors on the roads of Bravia is prohibited.
* Town Robbery
Mayors of the towns are responsible for the creation and maintainence of the Town Legal Corpus. If the Corpus fails to cover an offence, then the Viceregal laws may be applied

3. Dereliction of duty
* Viceregal Councillors
Elected Councilors who are established as being inactive and/or derelict in their duties may be removed from their appointed positions by the Viceroy and fined for dereliction of duty.
This is the current legal corpus regarding crime and my actions fall under none of the categories listed. I have not resigned or been revolted against, I have not robbed a person whilst travelling....and

the town corpus covers nothing about this sort of action.
LAWS OF THE TOWN OF BRAVIA

RIGHTS OF CITIZENS
1. The Rights of Citizens and Visitors to the town of Bravia are protected through our local Town Law and the Laws of the Viceroyalty of Bravia; all laws must be observed.
2. Any Resident of the town of Bravia may volunteer their interest in a seat on the Town Council.
3. Any Citizen accused of a crime in the town of Bravia must be given the opportunity to request an RP (forum) trial from Court. If RP trial is waived or no request is filed an IG (in-game) trial will be started.

POWERS GRANTED TO THE VICEREGAL COURT OF BRAVIA BY THE TOWN OF BRAVIA
The Town of Bravia empowers the legal Court of Bravia to substitute alternative punishments in place of the fines recommend in Bravia's Town laws in order to reduce the overall sentence and/or convert the fine to best benefit the Citizens, Town, and Viceroyalty of Bravia. Alternative punishments can include but are not limited to public service in the mines or militia, and repayment to the victim of the crime through goods, works, or services.

I CODEX OF FRAUD
I-1 Misuse of Grants
Any person entrusted with a grant from the TH who fails to fulfill the terms of the grant or refuses to return said Grant to an elected Mayor of the town may be charged with Fraud and brought to trial. If found guilty the sentence may include the enforcement of the original terms or the return of the unfulfilled grant, with an additional fine up to 50ƒ and no more than one day in jail.
I-2 Market Manipulation
Taking advantage of the local economy for unreasonable personal gain or to do harm to others is strictly prohibited. Any person hoarding goods, creating and abusing a monopoly, or buying and re-selling of items on the Bravia market at prices exceeding the original purchase price may be charged with Fraud and brought to trial. Mayors and players exchanging goods via the market by previous agreement are exempted. If found guilty the Court may fine the accused up to twice the total amount of the offending market goods and up to 2 days in jail.

II CODEX OF OBLIGATION
II-1 Compliance with a Mayoral Request for Testimony
At any time the Mayor of Bravia may subpoena a citizen for their truthful testimony and/or proof of their activities as it pertains to any complaint filed. Failure to comply may result in a fine of up to 50ƒ and may additionally be weighed against the non-compliant party to support a claim of guilt in court.
II-2 Contempt of Court
Contempt of Court is strictly prohibited. Contempt is defined as conducting oneself in a manner disrespectful to the proceedings or the other participants of the trial by mocking, offending, using foul language, ignoring requests of the Judge, or non-compliance in fulfilling the terms of a previous court judgment. An individual who ignores at least one warning from the Judge may be charged with Contempt of Court and penalized a fine of up to 50ƒ.
II-3 Following of Court Orders
Noncompliance with Court Orders, such as payment of court fines, labour in mines, or acts of making amends to a wronged party is prohibited. Those found to be breaking such law shall be tried and if found guilty sentenced to additional punishment. The court may double the original fine, up to the maximum punishment permitted for the person's level.
II-4 Residency Requirement for Town Council
Non-residents may not participate on Bravia's Town Council without express permission from the legally elected Mayor. Any Town Council Member who moves from the town of Bravia will be automatically removed from Council.
I have not misuused grants and I have not manipulated the market in the defined ways above. I am sorry but you have nothing to charge me with that is currently in effect and visible to the public. If you have passed some secret laws then I would question why the town's people do not have a right to know...especially considering the whole "idea" of openness with the council. I understand your anger at the current situation my Bravian fellows but you have nothing on me. The PP cannot just falsafy laws to try and stop me, nor can the judge find anything wrong with what I have done. I have committed no crime and these are simply the desperate struggles of an unsuspected town.

Xavier takes a seat, the slight insanity in him readily coming forth as a grin and a giggle escaped from Xavier's mouth.

You accuse me of Public Disorder and Treason! How can this be?! You have no laws stating I have done as such. This is a bias case and all 5 charges against me, I move, are null and void.

ETA: I request a RP trial. ;) You have nothing on me.
firechild

Post by firechild »

*Gathering her papers she enters the office of the Public Prosecutor.*
It seems that we have a robber between Bravia and Cork. Although I was too strong for him that does not mean that the next traveller will have the same strength. Here is the screenshot for your review.

firechild

Post by firechild »

Wow...two days and the PP does not reply? Who is the PP and how does one go about getting ahold of them to report a crime?
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Your case has already been filed in the Viceroyal Courthouse :) The PP is quite vigilant ;)
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

a reply to let the public know its being handled is still good though, apologies miss Firechild
firechild

Post by firechild »

Thank you Wandress and Xenil, I was expecting a PM or something and was a little disturbed that I did not recieve such notice. It is taken care of so I will continue on in my travels. If you need me please let me know via IGPM(The fancy messenger for travelers and stationary alike.) :D
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Attempted Revolt in Paz:
Lord and Lady Blackhawk were witnesses to the attempt.

balerion

Post by balerion »

How about the crime of an unjust trial?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear